Clear Lake Bank & Trust is making a security update that will require user action if you use an Intuit desktop product such as Quicken or QuickBooks that connects to your online banking. The new security feature allows you to authorize specific connections between your Intuit desktop application and your accounts, while adding two-factor authentication to your account.
For added security, we will be enabling this feature in September. Once enabled, your connections from the application mentioned above will cease to connect. See the Instructions for setting up Direct Connect below for more information.
This change only affects desktop users. If you use Quicken Online or QuickBooks Online, this change does not affect you.
This functionality is only available to desktop applications and does not apply to online products.
- Connect your bank account by setting up a bank feed in the Quicken application.
- Find the option to set up a bank feed in the application.
- Search for Clear Lake Bank & Trust, and follow the steps provided.
- Enter your Online Banking username and password.
This action initiates the session; however, the connection will fail with a generic error message. This error is expected, and you can continue to the next step.
- Authorize the connection within Online Banking.
- Log into Online Banking (on a PC, not the mobile app).
- Select your avatar from the main menu (bottom left-hand corner), and then select
- In the Direct Connect section, select
- A list of applications with attempted connections to your account appears.
- Locate the connection attempted to the Quicken application.
- Multiple connections could be listed, so be sure to look for the correct one.
- Select the connection, and then select
- Finish the process in the Quicken application.
- Restart the application.
- Repeat all sub-steps in step 1.
- When you see the list of bank accounts, select the desired options.